Thursday, October 13, 2005

Where am I ?

Its been days since i posted a blog and it has been more since i posted just a general blog. Have been going through a rough patch - very disillusioned with everything around me. It has been six years since i came to US, seems like a life time now - feels as if i have been away from where i was born and raised for a long time now. Feel very alone, feel very lost. Not that i don't have friends - i have my best friend with me - my sister, my nephew and Arjuna who is like a kid brother to me - Thanks to all of them life seems to go on. But still.... I don't know how to explain what i feel or as if i don't feel anything any more. Just some ramblings of my mind - wish i could get out of it - knowing me i will - just felt like writing it to the small group of blog friends.

Some more Zen
----------------
The Water is not impeded by the rock
but flows effortlessly round it,
wearing it away with time

The falling rock is not deflected from its path,
but parts the water leaving it to continue
on its own journey

Look at the point of view between the water and rock - both are shown in a positive light.

The illusion of choice,
leaves only disappointment.
The joy of acceptance,
offers understanding.

Love this one

When u see a man drowning,
you do not wait until he calls for help
before u rescue him.
Though it is advisable to ensure
that he is not merely waving to a friend

11 Comments:

Blogger Ram C said...

Loved your thoughts.. especially the last one, which was hilarious too...

The way you have written makes me to think that your grip on the day-to-day life has to be tightened further and made interesting. You seem to be spiritual too....

May be some more additions to your friends circle and regular interactions and meetings may ease out the current situation.. what do you say?

13 October, 2005 19:37  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Aatma, Don't worry, this phase will go away. It happens to all.!
and believe me you are not the only one.! As for me, sometimes I feel the same ways.!

I am glad you have good friends.

I liked the first one about the Rock and water. How true.!! I wish I were like Water sometimes.!! I pray to god for that.

13 October, 2005 22:24  
Blogger Blogpur said...

Hi Aatma
Another cool writeup. I think it would be best said that though you feel "alone", you are not "lonely".

Also, about the rock in water. It is like many - the rock has been in the water for centuries, yet the water has not seeped into it. The shell is still strong. It is like God, who surrounds man but he still cant seep into him.

(The water-stone-god thing, I derived from "Godfather Part 3")

Anyway have a nice day

13 October, 2005 23:30  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Atma - no worries buddy - we are all there for you :) - thanks for accepting me as ur friend/brother :) - I am overwhelmed :)

Ok on a funny note: me - ur kid brother: mama biskothu :))

Btw - this shows that its high time u get a proper beautiful
girl(s) for urself to come out of this loneliness ;)

14 October, 2005 09:54  
Blogger Aatma said...

Thanks Ram, The thoughts are not mine, but something that i liked a lot from the book - Pebbles on the Road - Yeah I liked the last one a lot too - it sounds funny but there is a lot of truth behind it.
All of us love advising others even when they don't need - this story tells that advise only when u are asked - help but be wary that the person needs it. Our advises are golden words they should not be wasted unnecessarily

14 October, 2005 17:31  
Blogger Aatma said...

Thanks Naryanan Sir, yeah hopefully this phase goes away soon, normally i try to get myself out from the rut pretty fast - i should do it again - just need the impetus

14 October, 2005 17:32  
Blogger Aatma said...

Thanks venkat,

14 October, 2005 17:34  
Blogger Aatma said...

Arjuna, kiddo - I shall give some thoughts on that idea ;)

aprom biskitu lan kami pann, ippon ne periyavana aayte ;)

14 October, 2005 17:38  
Blogger Jeevan said...

The last one is excelent. Waiting to know more about Zen.

Dont Feel alone, we are all with you, keep smile.:)

15 October, 2005 04:01  
Blogger Preethi said...

Hi Aatma,

Good one on the "Water-Rock". Its just simple words with powerful meaning. And reg the phase u r going thru' now, I'm just reminded of a famous phrase by SivaKumar in "Chithi" serial, "Idhuvum Kadandhu pogum..." E'thing in life is a passing cloud, just hang on!

17 October, 2005 07:37  
Blogger Aatma said...

Thanks Preethi, looks like the phrase has a lot of fans - even my dad uses it.

17 October, 2005 18:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home